Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Waiting...

It's been about a year and a half since I created this blog hoping it will help potential birth parents get to know us a little better. We have been very busy while hoping for the chance to adopt again. Stella will be 7 in May, Tristan 4 in one month and Bill and I? Let's just say we're older too! We have gone on several camping trips, had lots of fun outings, and best of all took the kids to Disneyland and the ocean for the first time! We can't wait to go back SOON!

I will admit that waiting for a year and a half isn't the easiest. I wonder if it will ever happen for us and I'm very hopeful it will. I know having my two children keep my mind off of the wait more than it would otherwise, however I do think daily of when, how and if another child will complete our family. I wonder if it will be a boy or a girl. What they will look like. I love adoption and can't imagine our family any other way. I am thankful every day for such a beautiful gift. I've been fortunate to see how it has blessed not only our lives, but our children's biological families as well.

Anyways, I am rambling now. I just wanted to post some recent pictures and a few random thoughts since it's been so long.



Last year I started taking a picture everyday to document our everyday lives. I am doing that again this year because I enjoyed it so much and helps me remember all the little (and big) things we did together.

2 comments:

  1. Alicia! Great blog you have here!! Its so exciting to read about your beautiful family and the experiences you've all been through together! What a wonderful blessing to be able to adopt beautiful children and give them such an amazing future and an amazing family to go through it with! No doubt youre an inspiration to aspiring parents! (ME being one of them..capece? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute blog!!

    Dang, I was going to start the daily picture thing this year too and totally forgot! One month down. I guess it'll have to be 334 days for me instead.

    Hope something comes up soon. I'm keeping my eyes and ears out for you too!

    ReplyDelete