Friday, September 4, 2009

When Boy Meets Girl...



Bill and I met country dancing. Bill asked me to dance and it was only a few days after Christmas. He was so cute talking about his little nephews and asking how my holidays were. We definetely hit it off and were having a good time. He asked for my number, which of course I gave him. Our first date was a Monster Truck show. Yes, we were rednecks at the time. As I mentioned in my letter on our profile, this is when he offered the upset child some of his candy to try and cheer him up. I just thought not many 20 year old guys would even think to do something like that! It showed me how thoughtful he was of others.

Everything about us clicked! We would talk for hours and had so much fun together. We had many of the same interests and the same goals for life. We were engaged by June and were engaged for another 5 months. We were married in the Salt Lake Temple on Dec. 1, 1999. It was snowy and cold, but I couldn't have cared less! It was the happiest day of my life (up to that point anyway)and nothing would ruin it for me. After the temple we had a ring ceremony for those that couldn't attend the wedding. We wanted to make sure everyone we loved could be a part of that special day!



Of course we had a country/Christmas themed wedding. Not exactly what I would choose for myself these days, but it was a lot of fun! We spent a week in Hawaii and loved the warm get-away in December! I was pretty excited to come back to our new home and start our new lives together. Fortunatly for me Bill is great at saving which is why we were able to go to Hawaii and buy a home when we got married! That was something I had to learn. I spent money as quick as I got it!

Our first week home was not what you'd expect between locking myself out of the house first thing in the morning without a spare key and flooding our basement, but we were able to laugh about it and knew if we could survive that first week we'd be OK. That certainly wasn't the toughest thing we've had to endure in the last 10 years (wouldn't that be nice?), but any obstacles and trials that have come our way we have been a team and gotten through it together!

This December will mark our 10 year wedding anniversary and at times it feels like just yesterday we were excitedly taking the elevator up to the sealing room to make those sacred promises to one another. A lot has happened since that day and I have been grateful everyday to have my best friend to share lifes little and big moments with. This past decade has been filled with love, laughter, joy, peace, and happiness! I can't wait to see what the next 10 years will be like...

No comments:

Post a Comment